Monday, October 13, 2008

Live the Live You Love, Love the Life You Live.

Wow. Lately I have noticed that I have fallen onto the pitty wagon that many fortunate Americans find themselves on. My life has drastically changed over the last year and so just lately I have taken the time to re-evaluate my life. Sorry mom for complaining so much lately. I want to tell my family and friends things I love about my life and things I am going to work on.

Something in my life that I love is...

1. My husband. I will admit we have had some ups and downs this last year, but I truly believe that we love eachother more than anything. I am so fortunate to finally be out of the dating/bar/partying scene and be home with the person I love. He thinks that I am the most beautiful woman in the world, or at least that is how he makes me feel. I love him for all of the butterflies he puts in my stomach.

2. My kids. I love so much that I have two beautiful boys that love me. Even though kayden is my step-son, he loves me like a real parent. Sometimes he just glances over at me and says "Jennie, I love you" and ALWAYS makes sure that he gives me a hug before I go to work at night. Skylar is also my big joy. I don't think that I have had one day in his whole 7 1/2 months of being where I haven't laughed or smiled.

3. My health. I am a relatively healthy person. I am able to do any type of activity with my family and I am able to work full time, school full time and family full time. I am so so so grateful for my health, because believe me, I have seen some bad health problems...

4. My mother. I think that my mother is honestly the greatest woman in the world. She is definately the number one person I vent to. I think it is because she knows exactly how I am, and in some crazy way she understands me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, she is right there to help me with laundry, running errands, taking care of sky, cleaning my house, getting my car an oil change, and being a shoulder to cry on. Oh and not to mention the help she has given me during school. She is truly my little blessing.

5. My family overall. I can truthfully say that I have one of the best families ever! My family isn't the fighting family. If we have a concern we speak it and are always willing to help each other out. There isn't a day that goes by where each one of them doesn't run through my head at least once.

6. Kaylee!!!! Kaylee!!! Kaylee!!! All of you that know us, know that we are siblings seperated at birth. We have this amazing connection, that I don't have with too many people. We laugh, cry, grow, and love eachother very much. She is loved by my entire family. I seriously talk to her everyday and am so grateful that I have a great friend like her.

7. My puppies. No matter how mad I get at Rex, he is always there to come and give me loves. And Foxy, she is just my little baby. Sorry I've neglected you so...

8. My brain. That sounds pretty funny, but I am so grateful that I am smart and that I am able to take myself to where I have always dreamed. Not many people can honestly say that they have almost reached their dreams. I start my doctorate program next year at the U of U, if I get accepted, and that is the last educational milestone I have. And an added goal I have is to major in Spanish, but that is later...

AND some things I want to work on are...

1. Learning how to cook and actually cooking for my family.
2. Keeping the house clean everyday and staying up on laundry.
3. Taking time away from the computer and away from thoughts of school and giving my family my undivided attention for at least 2 hours a night.
4. Controlling my temper... yikes.
5. Telling Tyler something I love about him every day.
6. Not procrastinating on doing schoolwork, like I am right now.
7. Going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week to boost my self esteem. And to lose the arm fat LOL.
8. Telling myself something good about myself at least once a day.
9. Giving my kids a hug and making sure they know I love them.
10. And giving Foxy some loves every night.... okay and Rex.
11. Oh and the most important, don't say anything mean about people I don't like... replace it with silence or something nice.

Well, thanks for lending me your eyes and ears. Love you all. I hope that this encourages you to write things that you love about your life and things you are willing to work on. Loves.

2 comments:

Nana said...

That was truely one of the neatest things i have read! It made me very proud of you. You are so very fortunate for all you have in life and i think you have overlooked it some lately, but we are all guilty of that once in a while.I think your goal are very good ones! I love you so much and am so happy that you feel that way. keep up the good work.....love mom

Taryn said...

Oh little Jennie! We love you so much! You've got a great attitude about life! We just adore you and your family! Thanks again for setting me up with your big brother and welcoming me into your family!