Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Random Updates

So I haven't updated my blog in a little bit, and my mom said it's getting boring, so I guess I better shape up and do some updates. So lately I have been super self-conscious about being the best mom that I can be. I've read a few baby books and am actually learning a lot from them. Although I do slip up sometimes. Skylar has been having a really hard time going to sleep lately and when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he wants me to either rock him the rest of the night or bring him into bed with me. I know it's not good to bring him in with you, but honestly.... a woman needs her sleep too!!! So at 7am this morning I brought him in with me. I had to get a picture of it. He looked so sweet. He slept until 9:45am, hallelujah! And woke up so happy. He is so funny in the mornings... I love it.Well I know that you are all always wondering about foxilynn, so I thought I would update you on her :-) I decided to shave her again.... I just can't deal with the hair and she gets so darn hot. I am getting better and better at this grooming thing. And it is saving us a lot of money. Go me! I am still intimidated at the nail trimming, I haven't quite mastered that. Also she is best buds with CoCo, my moms dog. About a month or so ago we put her mom to sleep, she was 17 years old. She just isn't the same without Foxy there. So Foxy has had a lot of sleepovers at nana's.
For St. Patricks day I worked until 3pm. So Skylar spent the day with my friend Megan. She took him to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. And then that night we had Cole and Stef and the kids over for green pancakes, eggs and juice. It was fun.
Alright I have also learned that my son is ALL boy. He loves to play in the dirt like no ones business. I can't keep him out of it. He is also starting to get scratches on his legs from playing outside. Mom doesn't like that, but I guess I'll have to get used to it. I am such a worry-wart mother. Boys are so fun!
And finally. My mom, taryn and I took the kids swimming a few weekends ago. We went to Dimple Dell. It is such a cute swimming pool, but boy is it cold!!!! My poor little boy turned purple, so we had to leave :-( We went to Mickey D's and got some lunch instead. Sky sure loves his cousins Carson and Rylee. They are great friends. Also thanks nana for getting in the pool, so I didn't have to ha ha. Burrh!

Other than that we are all doing good. We are looking forward to Easter so that we can just get away and enjoy ourselves.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hey Girl, I am sorry that you had such a bad day at work. At least you can go home to your hubby and your adorable baby. Your and awsome nurse!