Friday, July 17, 2009

Our Little Peanut

Today was my first doctor's appointment... but it was nothing like last times. I did the usual vital signs, weight (less than last time, go me!), pee in the cup, blood draw, and meet with the nurse. When I saw the doctor he kind of scared me. He felt my uterus and had a weird look on his face and then looked for a fetal heart tone. He couldn't find it anywhere... So then he really got concerned. I've never had anything go wrong, so my heart just dropped. He was the only doctor there today so he was extremely busy and behind. But this is why I continue to go to Dr. Merrill because he is always there for me and always remembers me. He took the time to go over to the ultra sound room, warm up the machine and do the ultrasound himself. Their ultrasound tech was not in today. THANK GOODNESS we saw the baby and its little heart beating away. How many doctors would really do that for their patients. I just LOVE Dr. Merrill. He put me at ease and also printed off a few of the pictures for me to take home. The reason he couldn't find the heart beat is because I am only 8 weeks and 5 days along about. I had calculated 11 weeks... oops. I guess I don't ovulate when I think I do. So here is the first picture of our little peanut. God love it! So if calculations are correct, I am due February 21st, 2010.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Congrats! How fun to see the little bee-bee this soon!

Pamela said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! Feb 21st will hopefully come soon for you guys!!! I made a blog and found your blog but I dont know how to do it yet. Im still learning. I think its gonna be another boy. Just kidding I have no clue and Im terrible at guessing. Your new baby will be only 4 months younger than mine! Im due October 21st (well according to the first ultrasound-could be a week sooner according to the second). Hopefully its a girl! Love the peanut!