Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer Catch-Up...

I've kind of been slacking on blogging, so I thought I would just do a really big blog and try and include the highlights.
So the first one, my family decided to go to the Salt Lake County Fair a few weeks ago. It was pretty fun, not as fun as the Utah State Fair, but still fun. It was also freakin expensive, to the point of ridiculousness. But the boys enjoyed themselves and that is really all that matters when it comes down to it. Kayden rode the bull and pulled quite the crowd. Sky got to ride a REAL pony. But ma forgot to dress him in his new cowboy boots... woops! And then Kayden made sure that he took his little bro-ha on a ride so they did the baby boats. It was pretty dang precious. Sky loved ringing the bell over and over, and of course big brother showed him how. It was pretty fun. Unfortuneatly we didn't go the demolition derby because I didn't think Sky would last, hopefully next year!
Okay I have to add this picture, because I just love it. We went to Jeanna's (an old friend) birthday party at Murray Park and her dad gave Sky a piece of watermelon. I didn't think that it was that good of an idea at first, but I thought, what the heck, let's see what happens. He LOVED it and ate it all the way down to the green part to where I got him a new one. He is getting so big! I can't even believe it. And did I mention HANDSOME. He's going to be a heart breaker.
We also went to the cabin for Kayden's birthday last weekend. It was pretty cold and crappy weather, but we still had a good time. I got to catch up on some sleep. The boys played with the bb gun and rode the four wheelers. Sky was a little grouchy, who am I kidding, REALLY grouchy. He is getting his last few teeth in and these ones must be really painful. Poor guy. Kayden got an ipod and a guitar for his birthday. I think that he had a good time.
Okay one more pic. This 24th of July... yeah like a month ago, we went to my brothers to watch some fireworks. Sky got to do his first sparkler and loved it. Although I would say that poppers are his favorite. It was cute and fun to see him experience something new.
Well California is coming up in a few weeks, which is becoming our new end of summer tradition. We are really excited to go to Disneyland, Knottsberry Farm, hang out at the beach, see my favorite cousin, and see some of ty's family. Yay! I'm excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are back blogging. The pics are really cute. I love the one of him eatin watermelon. I agree he is getting so big!!Loves...