Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baby Girl's Fetal Echo

Well today was the un-anticipated fetal echo at Primary Children's Medical Center. They say that most times congenital heart defects are very rare to show up in more than one child. And that most times they are just flukes. Well, unfortunately in our family, this isn't the case. The echo showed that our baby girl has the exact same heart defect that our little sky sky had. A ventricular septal defect right next to the valve. I get to go back on January 8th for a follow up echo and we hope that the defect will be closed. If not, we will do all of the appointments for echo's, ekg's and dr. appointments that we did with sky. They will give her 6-8 months to close it on her own. If it doesn't close, well then we know what happens. She will have surgery and everything will be all better. I mean... honestly... look at the little terror in the pictures above. You would never guess that he was a heart baby. He is happy, healthy, and a STUD!!! And she has one thing that he didn't have... an amazing older brother who knows exactly what she is going through. I think that they will have a special little bond that will get her through whatever lies ahead. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! What a whammy! I'm sorry for the news. Hope everything else is uneventful with her arrival.

Christina said...

Crazy! I am glad you got the echo so you have a heads up. Hopefully the vsd will close on it's own this time. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma

Pamela said...

I am sending positive thoughts your way that the next echo everything is getting better. And it is so true that Sky and her will have a special bond, and what a great way to look at things Jennie. You have been through so much with all this it truly seems unfair. I love this pic of Sky you put up. He has such a cute personality ha ha. And YES we do need to hang out and YES you will be wearing a mask...smart ass!

mabel said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://maternitymotherhood.net