Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009

This was a busy Christmas Eve.... WOW! I was talking with my mom and phil about Skylar not seeing Santa this year and they made me feel really guilty for not taking him. Luckily we had to go to the grocery store... and guess who was there? SANTA!!! So we had to take a picture with him. Skylar wasn't even scared of him, he just wanted the dang candy cane out of his pack. And yes I am glad that I have this picture now.
Every year I try and make gingerbread houses with the kids, and this year I almost skipped out on the tradition. Luckily my husband walked out of the grocery store with two kits for the boys to do. I think this pregnancy has made me a little lazy and I the boys almost missed out. This year was fun because skylar could actually put candy on his own house. Of course OCD mom had to help... Ooops. And Kayden did a great job on his too. THe boys are growing up so so fast. And I have to admit... kayden is an excellent big brother. He shared all of his candy, didn't get mad, and even made sure he helped him.

The last part of the night we went to my brother's house to have our traditional Christmas Eve pizza and we also let the kids open their presents to eachother since Kayden wouldn't be there on Christmas night. Then the last stop was Grandpa Gary's Christmas party. We kind of got there at the tail end, so we let the kids much some food, get in their Xmas jammies and then we went home to finish up the night.
AND FINALLY... the end of the night. We came home, made Santa cookies and cut up carrots for the reindeer. We wrote Santa a note to thank him for all of the presents he would be dropping off and then read Twas the Night Before Christmas that Grandma Debbie sent us. It is pretty neat, her voice is recorded so she actually read it to them. They loved it. Then brusha brusha of the teeth and goodnight!!!! Oh the best part about bedtime was (another example of Kayden being a great brother) how Kayden helped his brother go to sleep. We have the big boy bed and the crib in Skylar's room right now, so Kayden asked to sleep with his big brother. Of course we agreed being Christmas and all. Skylar was screaming and crying when I left the room and I told Kay he didn't have to stay in there. I shut the door and me and Ty sat outside the door for a minute. Kayden told him he would get any boogy monsters if they came and gave him one of his stuffed animals to sleep with. He also told Sky that they had to go to sleep for Santa to come. A few minutes later Sky was calmed down and they were asleep. It was really a precious moment.



No comments: